Tuesday, August 4

old cat lady living in the house with all the windchimes


Our running family joke is that I'm going to be an old maid with dozens of cats. It's my fault, I started the joke. But lately, it feels as if the joke will one day become reality. I know, I know, I'm only 22, I have plenty of time to fall in love and all that junk. The fact of the matter is though, I'm 22, I've never had a boyfriend or been on a date (to my knowledge) and by next summer I'll be a bridesmaid for the fifth time. So excuse me if somedays I feel like a pity party is necessary.

I will say though, that it's nice not being smothered like so many of my friends are. Cuddles and kisses and someone who wants to be around you all the time? Who wants to deal with that?

Umm, table for one please? Oh and do you allow cats in your restaurant? Then there will be 13 and please inform the kitchen that Muffy is allergic to prawns. Where's Clarence? There he is, hiding under my mu-mu, again.

Oh Clarence.

No comments:

Post a Comment