Wednesday, December 30

you're getting old Pops

but you're just as awesome as ever.

Thanks for making me laugh so hard that I spew whatever beverage I've been drinking.

Thanks for the gentle teasing. It's made real criticism easier to swallow.

You'll always be the best storyteller I know. I wish I had inherited your joke delivering skills.

Thanks for being proud of me.

Thanks for holding me when I cry.

Thanks for sharing your love of ice cream with me.

Thank you for your patience. I know I can be trying and a little slow to learn sometimes.

Thanks for showing me that you can get choked up and still be the manliest of men.

Thank you for loving mom the way you do. Because of you I know what real love looks like.

I feel sorry for the man I'll marry, because I'll probably expect him to live up to you. I'm thinking that's a good thing though.

Happy birthday, Dad. I love you.

Dad many many years ago


P.S. Woah, I just read that and it was a little too sappy for my liking. So let's just add that he also has this amazing talent of pissing me off to the point that I mutter things under my breath completely opposite of what's mentioned above. Annnnnd then he weasels his way back into my heart.

That's a man for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment